Next Chapter Addiction’s CEU Event – Ethics, HIPPA & Trauma-based Therapy
Next Chapter Addiction along with The Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association (FADAA) is happy to announce an opportunity to earn 3.0 clinical CEUs in ethics and clinical services through presentations on
- Legal & Ethical Marketing Practices
- Trauma based therapies and its value working with patients/clients
- HIPAA Compliance within the addiction/behavioral health industry
Through this event you will hear from the experts and learn about current marketing guidelines such as;
- What are the current laws governing marketing and marketers?
- What are the public policies behind these laws and how to do they impact regulation of marketing?
- What does a provider do when best patient practices conflict with the laws governing health care provision.
-> Your Speaker: Jeffrey Lynne, Esq, Partner, Beighley, Myrick, Udell & Lynne, P.A.
Learn the value of trauma-based therapy through;
- Explaining the importance of understanding the role of trauma and emotional dysregulation in client treatment success.
- Describe how the Polyvagal Theory may demystify several features related to psychiatric disorders and behavioral problems.
- 3 techniques you can use in your sessions from the recent literature to improve treatment of trauma and emotional dysregulation.
-> Your Speaker: Emily Stevens, Ph.D., Co-Founder of The Institute for Restoration & Renewal
Promote or Enhance understanding of HIPAA regulations/Confidentiality for allowable exchange of information for the protection of client care and licensure.
-> Your Speaker: Cassandra Sierra, M.S., LMHC, CAP Owner, Chief Clinical Officer of Elevations Health
Our venue will provide a comfortable attractive environment with ample free self-parking. A wonderful lunch will be served at your table along with morning coffee & pastry to get you going.
Space is limited and early bird registration saves you $10 if you register while seats remain available. After that our affordable $59 is a bargain you will not find anywhere else! Seats will sell out fast!
Register TODAY and join us May 25th for current relevant information and the opportunity to network with area professionals and peers!
- Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
- Florida Board of Nursing Contact Hours