JEFFREY C. LYNNE
Jeffrey Lynne is a Regulatory & Government Affairs attorney representing clients with federal, state and local permitting, licensing, and regulatory matters, as well as providing proactive guidance to identify and address compliance issues before they arise. Surrounded by exceptional real estate, corporate, transactional, land use and zoning, litigation, regulatory, compliance, and in particular, health care attorneys focused upon servicing the legal needs of Florida’s behavioral health care provider workforce, Mr. Lynne is able to provide his clients access to the firm’s deep well of knowledge and experience as well as its reputation of exemplary client customer service.
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor, With Honors (1997)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice (1993)
Licenses and Credentials
- Licensed Attorney, State of Florida, The Florida Bar (1997)
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance, Health Care Compliance Association (2019)
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Trend Magazine’s Top Rated Lawyers (2018)
- Lawyers of Distinction (2018)
- AV-Preeminent in Ethics and Professionalism, Martindale Hubbell (2005)
- Lawyers of Distinction, Zoning and Business Regulation (2018)
- Top Rated, Land Use and Zoning, Martindale-Hubbell (2015)
- Top Rated Lawyer, Land Use and Zoning, Legal Leaders/ALM (2015)
- FARR – Outstanding Advocate of the Year (2015)
- Top Rated, Appellate Law, Martindale-Hubbell (2014)
- Top 40 Under 40, South Florida Business Journal (2009)
- Citizen of the Year, Florida Bicycle Association (2008)
Active Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Task Force on Behavioral Health (2015 – present)
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member (2014 – present)
- Delray Beach Drug Task Force, Member (2010 – present)
- Health Care Compliance Association (2018 – present)
- Palm Beach County Sober Homes Task Force (2016 – present)
- Shotokan Karate Center, Inc., Board of Directors (2014 – present)
Past Volunteer Experience
- Arts Garage, Vice President and General Counsel (2010 – 2012)
- Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2013 – 2016)
- Delray Beach Drug Task Force, Board of Directors (2015 – 2017)
- Florida Association of Recovery Residences, Partner-in-Excellence (2013)
- Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens, Board of Trustees (2012 – 2015)
- League of American Bicyclists, Board of Directors (2009 – 2010)
- Sister Cities of Delray Beach, Inc., Board of Directors (2015 – 2019)
- Southeast United States/Japan Association, Member (2012 – 2015)
- South Florida Bicycle Coalition, Founder and Director (2009 – 2010)
- Sunflower Creative Arts, Advisory Board (2014 –2016)
- Land Institute, Member (2005 – 2016)
- U.S. Green Building Council, Member (2005 – 2010)
- U.S. Green Building Council, Broward County Vice-Chair (2008 – 2009)
- Sober World Magazine, July 2017, “The Florida Legislature Sends A Message To The Country-We Will Protect The Recovery Community”
- Sober World Magazine, October 2016, “Patient Brokering – Is It Time To Accept and Regulate the Worst Kept Secret in Behavioral Healthcare?”
- Sober World Magazine, January 2016, “The National March Towards Recovery: A Year in Review.”
- Treatment & Recovery Industry Insider, Nov./Dec. 2015, “The Legal Beat: OxyContin Abuse Rises.”
- Sober World Magazine, December 2015, “Unleashing the Power of Social Change to Cure Addiction.”
- Treatment & Recovery Industry Insider, Sept./Oct. 2015, “The Legal Beat: Patient Brokering.”
- Sober World Magazine, May 2015, “Successful Recovery Requires ‘Normal’ Society to Set Aside Stigma.”
- Sober World Magazine, December, 2013, “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Forces Substance Abuse Treatment to Rethink Business Models.”
- “‘Unconscionable’: Why an online directory of rehab facilities doubled as a recipe book for drugs like GHB, crack, and meth,” Business Insider (August 21, 2019).
- “Not Too Sunny in the Sunshine State: The Need to Improve Florida’s Opioid Abuse Treatment Centers to Combat the National Public Health Crisis, ” Danielle L. Liberman, 31 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 723 (2018)
- “Why It Took Google So Long to End Shady Rehab Center Ads,” Bloomberg Businessweek (September 26, 2017).
- “Local leaders, national groups seek to build on Florida’s work on ethics,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 29, No. 27 (July 10, 2017).
- “7 interesting things about Florida’s marketing application and why it matters to everyone,” Behavioral Healthcare Magazine (July 5, 2017)
- “Florida law will crack down on patient brokering,” Behavioral Healthcare Magazine (May 10, 2017)
- “Florida lawmakers revive and adopt patient protection legislation,” Addiction Professional Magazine (May 8, 2017)
- “Addicted to rehab: A look at Florida’s sober houses,” Florida Trend Magazine (April 26, 2017)
- “Ethics Survey: Behavioral health leaders examine industry conduct,” Behavioral Healthcare Magazine (March 1, 2017)
- “Florida poised to turn the corner on unethical practices in 2017,” Behavioral
Healthcare Magazine (January 4, 2017)
- “Will Florida finally turn the corner on ethics abuses in 2017?,” Addiction Professional Magazine (December 30, 2016)
- “Federal government issues guidance that may help sober homes,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 28, No. 45 (November 21, 2016).
- “At last, feds give guidance on sober homes to South Florida cities,” Sun-Sentinel (November 10, 2016).
- “Two arrested in crackdown on unscrupulous drug-treatment providers,
authorities say,” Sun-Sentinel (October 25, 2016)
- “Advocates ponder solutions as ill will toward sober homes intensifies,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 28, No. 36 (September 19, 2016).
- “8 Ways to Be a Good Sober Home Neighbor,” Behavioral Healthcare Magazine
(July 6, 2016).
- “UnitedHealth names labs, treatment centers in federal fraud case,” Behavioral Healthcare Magazine (May 2, 2016)
- “Leaders: No one entity can erase bad practices in treatment hotbeds,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 28, No. 14 (April 4, 2016).
- “Mergers and Acquisitions: A Major Component of an Evolving Industry,” Treatment & Recovery Industry Insider (Jan/Feb. 2016).
- “Cigna pulls out of Fla. exchange, blames addiction treatment fraud,” Palm Beach Post (October 17, 2016)
- “Profit-sharing pitches from labs on the increase in California,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 27, No. 30 (August 3, 2015).
- “Drug test protocols should be based on good patient care,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 27, No. 20 (May 18, 2015).
- “Florida sober home bill awaits governor’s signature, faces some criticism,” Addiction Professional (April 27, 2015).
- “Fraud probe of sober homes highlights drug-test scams,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 26, No. 37 (September 29, 2014).
- “South Florida sober homes spark attention of state, federal officials,” Sun-Sentinel (September 14, 2014).
- “Patient brokering a key problem in Fla. sober home industry,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 26, No. 13 (March 31, 2014).
- “Lawmakers square off against sober houses,” Florida Weekly (March 27, 2014).
- “Drug testing ‘partnership’ lures treatment centers despite ethics issues,” Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly, Vol. 26, No. 11 (March 17, 2014).
- “Drug treatment center OK’d at Sam’s Plaza at I95 and Hypoluxo Road,” Palm Beach Post (September 25, 2013).
- “Florida NIMBY Tensions Seething on Sober Living Boom,” Treatment Magazine (March 21, 2013).
- “Delray Beach commissioners deny proposed detox clinic,” Sun-Sentinel (April 3, 2012).
- Treatment Center Executive & Marketing Retreat, May 2018, Hilton Head, South Carolina, “Public Policy and the Law of Marketing for Treatment Programs.”
- National Conference on Addictive Disorders, August 2017, Baltimore, Maryland, “Public Policy and the Law of Marketing for Treatment Programs.”
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), Health Care Transactions Conference, April 2017, Nashville, Tennessee, “Buying and Selling Addiction Treatment Centers.”
- National Conference on Addictive Disorders, August 2016, Denver, Colorado,
“How to Avoid Committing Healthcare Fraud While Balancing Toxicology Revenue with
- Next Chapter Addiction Treatment Center Speaker Series, May 2016, Boynton
Beach, Florida, “Ethics in the Substance Use Disorder Marketing Space.”
- AXIS Addiction Executives Industry Summit, Naples, Florida, February 2016, Industry Owner/Executive Moderator.
- Broward County Bar Association, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, January 2016,
“Regulation of Recovery Residences.”
- Innovations in Recovery, San Diego, California, April 2015, “From the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to Patient Brokering: Reframing Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment Business Models in 2015.”
- International Treatment Center’s Cooperative (ITCC) Conference, Vero Beach, Florida, February 2015, “Marketing to Patients in Behavioral Healthcare.”
- Florida Association of Recovery Residences (FARR) Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, August 2014, “Housing and Substance Use Disorder.”
- The Addictions Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, May 2014, “Substance Abuse
Treatment: What’s Housing Got To Do With It?”
- International Treatment Center’s Cooperative (ITCC) Conference, Vero Beach,
- Florida, February 2014, “Marketing to Patients in Behavioral Healthcare.”
- Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association Annual Conference (FADAA), Orlando, Florida, August 2013, “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Impact Upon Substance Abuse Treatment Business Models.”
- National Mental Health Month, Palm Beach County, 2013, “Sanism and Olmstead: Have We Made Progress or Just Profit?”
- Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association Annual Conference (FADAA),
Orlando, Florida, August 2012, “The Recovery Community: The Next Civil Rights Act.”